#poledance #poledancing #poledanceclass #poledancingbirmingham #Birmingham #Polefitness #polesport #pole #studio #dance #danceclass #magic_city_pole #trysomethingnew #getfit #sexyfit
March 16, 2020
Re: Important Studio Steel Update on COVID19
To all members of Studio Steel:
Thank you all for your patience while Studio Steel has been considering the next steps in response to COVID-19. Based on the current CDC updates regarding COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic and after thoughtful deliberations, we believe it is in the best interest of our students and instructors as well as our community to instill temporary changes in compliance with social distancing, including postponing the Speakeasy Showcase set to take place on Sunday, March 22. Below is a list of detailed descriptions of the changes and how the studio will continually evaluate the COVID-19 situation to adjust as needed.
1. Speakeasy Showcase has been officially postponed. This was a tough decision that was not made lightly. As of yesterday, CDC has recommended that all gatherings of 50 or more people are to be cancelled. Based on the number of performers, showcase helpers, and the potential size of the audience, we are anticipating more than 50 people will be at the showcase at any given moment. Thus, we are tentatively rescheduling for the showcase for a date in May. There will be an online survey sent to all performers to vote on a potential date in May to reschedule the showcase. This survey will be sent out sometime this week. We will keep you posted as updates become available. Again, we WILL have this showcase as soon as it is feasible as this is one of our main events to collect money for a new floor(!). So please continue to practice your routines. The showcase would not be possible without performers and helpers and I am so grateful for the enthusiasm and energy I have seen thus far.
2. Regarding existing ticket holders for the Speakeasy Showcase, rain checks will be issued and honored. The show is not cancelled, just postponed.
3. Changes to class schedule that are to take place immediately. We will continue to hold classes as long as we believe it is safe to do so. Classes will continue as scheduled with the following changes that are being implemented immediately:
a. All Pole classes have been reduced to 6 students/class.
b. All Nonpole classes (toning classes, flexibility classes, etc.) have been reduced to 5 students/class.
c. Members who show symptoms of any kind of respiratory infection (fever and/or cough) or who have tested positive for COVID-19 are NOT to attend any class under any circumstances. If you are sick and are signed up for a class, please contact the studio IMMEDIATELY. Cancellation fees will be waived for all of those who call in sick. If you skip class without calling/texting/emailing ahead of time, then cancellation fees will still apply.
d. At the discretion of the owner or any employee of Studio Steel, any member who shows signs of illness will be asked to leave the studio.
e. Members who have been in contact with someone who is currently showing symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID-19 are NOT to attend any class under any circumstances. If you are sick and are signed up for a class, please contact the studio IMMEDIATELY. Cancellation fees will be waived for all of those who call in sick. If you skip class without calling ahead of time, then cancellation fees will still apply.
4. Cleaning practices that will be implemented during classes. These practices will help reduce the potential spread of the virus and must be done by everyone who attends class. NO EXCEPTIONS! If a member does not comply with these practices, he/she/they will be asked to leave. These are the following practices if you are still able to attend class:
a. All members participating in class are to immediately wash hands upon arrival at the studio as well as BEFORE and AFTER cleaning studio equipment that will be used in class (poles, mats, yoga blocks, etc.).
b. For ALL studio equipment that will be used for class, all members are to clean his/her/their own equipment with 70% alcohol and rags provided by the studio BEFORE AND AFTER class.
c. Only clean the studio equipment that you will use. Do not clean any other equipment that will not be used by you. For example, only clean the pole that you will use for class.
d. DO NOT REUSE or SHARE RAGS for cleaning. Get a new rag every time you clean equipment.
e. If you are able, please bring your own yoga blocks, straps, and yoga mats. At minimum, you will still need to clean your personal equipment brought from home before using it in class. It will also be highly recommended to clean your personal equipment before leaving class.
5. No new Pole Parties will be scheduled. No Pole Parties will be scheduled for the next 2 weeks. No exceptions.
6. Potential online classes are being considered as an option. Virtual online classes are being considered as an option for various pole classes that do not require a pole spotter. These classes include choreo, low flow as well as toning and flexibility classes. Pole level classes online are being considered as well. However, all online classes will be limited to non-invert moves only. A plan of action to set up virtual classes is currently ongoing but is still in its infancy stage. We will keep all members posted on updates as they become available.
7. Studio Steel has already begun a more stringent cleaning protocol. These procedures include:
a. Disinfecting commonly touched areas such as doorknobs, light switches, etc. before, after, and in between classes.
b. Disinfecting the bathroom before, after, and in between classes.
c. Disinfecting the dance floor before, after, and in between classes
To reiterate, these changes are in effect immediately. Updates on the COVID-19 pandemic are being released almost every hour. Thus, the current changes that have been made will be adjusted based on the new information as it comes in. We will continually keep you updated on changes in class schedules during this pandemic situation. On a personal note, please stay safe and healthy! Always wash your hands frequently! Soap is better than Purell but always use what is available. Refrain from touching your face with your hands. Not only is this a studio to learn pole but it is a strong, supportive community. If anyone is struggling with the changes related to COVID-19, please let me know and we will help you the best way we can.
Yours in love, magic, and pole,