#poledance #poledancing #poledanceclass #poledancingbirmingham #Birmingham #Polefitness #polesport #pole #studio #dance #danceclass #magic_city_pole #trysomethingnew #getfit #sexyfit
May 10, 2020
The studio has been cleared to open on May 11th! If we did not think we could do this safely we would continue to stay home, but we’re going to hold classes with the following changes. Of course, the guidelines for dealing with this pandemic horror continue to change and the safety of our students and instructors is always paramount, so policies will continue to evolve as we learn more.
The following policies are effective immediately and will remain in place until further notice.
- Masks (facial coverings of the mouth and nose) must be worn at all times.
- All classes have been reduced to 6 students. There will be no sharing of poles or anything else.
- Each pole will have its own spray bottle of alcohol and you will have your own rag. If you aren’t sure which rag is yours get another one, don’t share.
- Instructors will wield pole wrenches. If you want to change your pole from static to spin or vice versa, please ask your instructor to do it. This is to keep social distance and minimize touching stuff.
- Please sanitize your hands using the bottle provided at the studio entrance and remove your shoes upon entering the studio.
- Students will be admitted to the studio one at at time. You will be asked to wash your hands and we may take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. Anyone with signs of fever will be asked to leave.
- There will no longer be community yoga mats for stretch. Please bring your own mat.
- Members who show symptoms of any kind of respiratory infection (fever and/or cough) or who have tested positive for COVID-19 are NOT to attend any class under any circumstances. If you are sick and are signed up for a class, please contact the studio IMMEDIATELY. Cancellation fees will be waived for all of those who call in sick. If you skip class without calling/texting/emailing ahead of time, then the late cancellation fees will still apply. At the discretion of the owner or any employee of Studio Steel, any member who shows signs of illness will be asked to leave the studio.
- Members who have been in contact with someone who is currently showing symptoms or who has tested positive for COVID-19 are NOT to attend any class under any circumstances. If you need to quarantine for a time, please let us know and your membership can be suspended. We will work with you any way we can.
- Cleaning practices by staff and students. These practices will help reduce the potential spread of the virus and must be done by everyone who attends class.
- Clean your pole BEFORE and AFTER class. Don’t clean anyone else’s pole.
- Please bring your own yoga blocks, straps, rollers, and yoga mats. At minimum, you will still need to clean your personal equipment brought from home before using it in class. It is also highly recommended to clean your personal equipment before leaving class.
- If you use a crash mat, please clean it before you fold it up.
- Class intervals have been increased to 30 minutes to allow us to clean between classes. Cleaning procedures will include disinfecting commonly touched areas such as doorknobs, light switches, etc.; disinfecting the bathroom; and disinfecting the dance floor around the poles.
We continue to hope for a vaccine to protect us, but until something is available we have to do the best we can. Take your Vitamin D, practice your breathing exercises, get plenty of sleep, and try to keep positive.
Yours in love, magic, and pole,